The role of Pharos
- Supporting municipalities in shaping their approach
- Training of professionals and key persons
- Developing information and educational materials
- Organizing expert meetings
- Initiating and stimulating research
- Participating in and initiating the development of protocols
- Providing information through the Focal Point Female Genital Mutilation
Pharos’ FGM programme focuses on the following priorities:
- Prevention of FGM through the development of protocols and materials
- Improving and facilitating medical and psychosocial care for circumcised women
- Collecting and disseminating facts and figures about FGM
- Building an inventory of potentially useful international approaches for the Netherlands and other European countries
This video deals with problems after female Genital Mutilation. And what you can do to make you feel better.
Click the gear wheel (next to the YouTube logo) to change the subtitle language.
English spoken, with English or Dutch subtitles